New Brunswick’s opportunity.
Atlantic Potash Corporation is a New Brunswick mineral exploration and development company focused on exploring potash development and production opportunities in southern New Brunswick.
Potash has been used for thousands of years to create environmentally friendly, natural fertilizer all around the world. And it is being used now more than ever to meet the food needs of a growing population.
Canada holds 50 per cent of the world’s known potash reserves, and New Brunswick is one of only two places in Canada that currently produce it.
The opportunity for every New Brunswicker to benefit from this environmentally responsible and sustainable industry is enormous.
With the potential to become a major supplier of potash to the world, New Brunswick is poised to reap incredible benefits from Atlantic Potash’s exploration and potential mine and infrastructure development activities:
- $4.5 million in capital costs during the exploration phase.
- More than 16,700 direct and indirect jobs during the construction phase, and about 900 direct and indirect jobs during regular operation.
- Approximately $674 million in wages and salaries during construction, and about $40 million annually during operation.
- An estimated $1.3-billion contribution to GDP during the construction phase, and about $193 million annually during operation.
- Approximately $160 million in taxes during construction, and about $23 million in annual taxes during operation.
Atlantic Potash Corporation is dedicated to benefiting the community, to maintaining rigid safety standards, and to ensuring its operations are carried out in an environmentally responsible and sustainable manner.